Friday, August 19, 2016

Persevere through the Hurt.

  As I sit here and type I think what it would look like if I was moving for college in a couple weeks. Oo I’d be packing up my clothes, bringing my favorite pillow (yes, I have a favorite pillow), I’d be getting all the stuff I need for my dorm like sheets and bringing my awesome purple comforter. Oh and you can’t forget my amazing pen collection. But this isn’t the reality, the reality is I am still at home, which don’t get me wrong I love home and I LOVE my parents but I want to be like a regular college student. Living in the dorms, staying up all night with my roommate talking (oh and by all night I mean at least until 11 pm), going to class on campus, but nope not this year.
This is a very hard time of year for me, as I watch everyone getting all moved into their dorms, getting to meet their roommates for the second time or maybe their first time. I see all the pictures and I am so happy for them they get to study on campus as I sit here and wait for when it is my turn to move on campus, meet new people, create amazing friendships. I am reminded not to throw a pity party that there are many reasons why I am still in Kalamazoo- I’m here to help with my grandparents and help them because they are both very sick.
                As much as it hurts me not to be leaving for Liberty soon, I wait with much anticipation when I finally can make Lynchburg home. So to those of you moving soon to college, I am so happy for you enjoy it because it will go by so fast! For those of you who are like me and studying at Liberty Online or whatever the case may be, it’s okay you’ll get there! If you are like me and want to move on campus, it’ll happen in God’s timing. I’m learning this currently that it is okay, it will happen when the time is right for me or for you. Even though it is extremely hard and I get super quiet during this season, I know in the end I will be stronger than I’ve ever been.
  I’m searching for the lovely in each day whether it be a small thing or if it is a big thing. Also here is my plug for Looking for Lovely & Looking for Lovely Bible Study by Annie F. Downs- these are AH-MAZING, you should totally go read the book and go through the bible study! I am currently working through the bible study and I am LOVING it! Here is a verse that will really help you, I know it has helped me these last few weeks Romans 5:3-5 NIV.  Romans 5:3-5Not only so, but we[a] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
If you are like me- We’ll get through this, we just have to PERSERVERE through the pain of this short season!
-Micaela XO


No comments:

Post a Comment